Email marketing has one of the highest Return on Investment (ROI) of any platform. In fact, according the Direct Mail Association’s Client Email Report 2015, email has an average ROI of $38 for every $1 spent.
That’s why making sure you are regularly emailing your key market segments is essential to grow revenue and registrations.
Entrepreneur.com reports that 200 million emails are sent out every minute of every day – and 72 percent of US adults say they prefer companies to communicate with them via email.
In order to make sure your email marketing is effective as possible, make sure you follow these tips:
- You need to make sure your email is targeted to a specific list of people. Know your target audience and make sure every part of your email is geared toward that audience.
- Watch your numbers. A good open rate is 20-25 percent. A good click through rate is 20 percent of those who open the email click on a link. A good rate for both bounces and unsubscribes is less than one percent.
- Use active verbs and the “you” pronoun. Engaging emails talk directly to the reader and use enticing verbs like “discover,” “explore,” and “take home results.”
- Keep your emails to 20 lines or less. If it’s too long, it won’t get read.
- Every section of your email matters. Do not waste your valuable email space. Your subject line, introduction, body, and call to action should all be crafted so that the reader can easily get your message, know where to go for more information, and learn how to sign up.