The 9th Annual Continuing Education Training Institute (CETI) will be in full swing April 15-16, 2019 in Nashville, TN. This year’s intense two – day training will feature building skills to serve more students, running more courses, and serving business and economic development in the community. The training sessions offer “real-time” applications from education and business leaders and represent leadership from community colleges, universities, advisory groups, and national partners who serve over 20,000 students at over 1000 colleges and universities.
Featured speakers this year include:
- Keynote Speaker Dr. Carol Puryear: Economic and Community Development – Tennessee Board of Regents
- Milissa Daniels, Holyoke Community College: Determine and Recruit Ideal Students for Programs
- Mel Epstein, MarketingVision Brand Communications: Accelerated Career Development Using Your Personal Brand
- Betty L. Gardner and Kevin M. Smith, ProTrain: New to Continuing Ed? CE 101
- Paula Nissen & Vladimir Bassis, Iowa Department of Education: Noncredit CTE Programs Prepare Students for Success
- Mary Catherine Raymond, University of Richmond: Professional Development and Personal Enrichment Programming for Au Pairs Living in the U.S.
- Keynote Speaker Ginger Hausser, Nashville State Community College: Workforce Issues
- Thomas Dawkins, Microsoft: Value of Certifications
- Jill Thielmann, CompTIA: Preparing Todays Students for Tomorrow’s Tech and IT Careers
- Liam Shiel, Digital Marketing Institute: How Digital Marketing Changed Traditional Marketing Forever
- Laura Middleton, Human Resource Certification Preparation: Understanding the Importance of Certifications to Business and Industry
- Gary Priddy, Certification Partners LLC:Benefits of Certification Courses
In addition to the many speakers listed above, the conference will feature several panels of experts that will discuss current topics in the continuing education field. Those include:
- Workforce Development — Continuing Education Leadership Panel: LK Browning, Columbia State Community College; Terri Bryson, Motlow State Community College; Dr. Reginald Gardner, Nashville State Community College; Mike Schroder, California State University San Marcos and Jerry Spencer, Austin Peay State University
- Industry and Workforce Leadership Panel: Nancy Eisenbrandt, Nashville Area Chamber; Dr. Jeff McCord, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development and Bob Rolfe, Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development; Marla Rye, Workforce Essentials, Inc.
- Business and Industry Panel: Mark Blaze, Manufacturing; Eric Haney, Trucking; Danielle Sadighi, American Medical Certification Association; Jeremy Skowronski, GAF and Jill Thielmann, CompTIA
If you missed this year’s CETI and would like to receive valuable information from the conference, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase the conference package. You will gain insights into the industry and receive materials you can review over and over with ways to improve your courses and impact to your students.