Spring is officially here! It’s the perfect time for planting flowers, decluttering and spring cleaning. It’s also the perfect time to “spring clean” your career.
Step 1 – Your Resume
- Dust off your old resume and spruce it up.
- Write clear, concise and catchy descriptions for
your job duties.
- Create bold headings and use color and images.
- Keep your resume to 1 page (or 2 pages maximum)
for better readability.
- If necessary, hire a professional to help make
your resume stand out in the crowd.
Step 2 – Your Perspective
- Improve how you feel about your appearance by updating
your wardrobe to new spring fashions.
- If you wear a uniform to work, have them
professionally cleaned, or purchase new ones to brighten your look.
- Update your hair by getting it cut, adding
color, or changing the way you wear it.
- Take the stairs or go for a daily walk.
- Wear a smile.
Step 3 – Your Work Space/Email
- Get organized – use an inbox/outbox system in
your workspace to decrease clutter.
- Throw out old items you no longer use – ie,
pencils, pens, etc.
- Add a small plant or a personal picture to
enhance your mood.
- Go through your email inbox and create folders
for important documents.
- Delete your trash bin and clear out junk mail.
Step 4 – Your Lifestyle
- Audit your work/life balance. Take time out for
- Examine your career goals – are you working
towards your passion?
- Take stock of your current finances. How can you increase? Where can you cut back?
- Increase your communication skills.
- Take inventory of your time management
Step 5 – Your Education
- Consider a continuing education course related
to your field.
- If you’re unhappy in your career, take a chance
on a new one. Research educational requirements
in the new field.
- Become certified.
- Attend webinars/seminars to improve your
knowledge of your career.
- Take a personal development course.
Let ProTrain help you obtain your educational goals within your career. We offer a variety of certificate and certification courses to help increase your knowledge.