- Summarize the theoretical foundations of pedagogy.
- Describe the ten core learning principles.
- Explain best practices for online and blended learning classrooms.
- Describe methods for choosing technology tools to support teaching and learning.
- Identify goals, tasks, and tips for each phase of a course.
- Explain the importance of the reflection phase at the end of a course.
Lesson 1: Online Teaching and Pedagogy
In this first lesson, we will learn about the different types of online and blended courses and review learning theory and theorists. We will also explore pedagogy and the ten core learning principles.
Lesson 2: Best Practices and Technology
In this lesson, we will learn about evidence-based best practices for teaching online. We will also explore digital tools that can enhance teaching and learning.
Lesson 3: An Overview of the Four Phases of a Course and Phase One
In this lesson, we will explore the four phases of a course. We will further dive into phase one of a course, the beginning. Tips for successfully beginning a course and preparing the syllabus are also covered.
Lesson 4: Phases Two and Three of a Course
In this lesson, we will continue looking at the four phases of a course by reviewing the middle two phases. Expectations and tips for success are explored.
Lesson 5: Phase Four and Accelerated Courses
In this lesson, we will finish our review of the four phases of a course by looking at the final weeks of a course, and reviewing closing strategies. We will also look at designing and teaching intensive, accelerated courses.
Lesson 6: Wrapping up a Course
In this final lesson, we will examine what should happen as a course ends. Reflection on the design of a course and on the problem areas is emphasized.