Many people decide to lose weight for a multitude of different reasons. For many, weight loss is one of the best motivators for a lifestyle change thus, long-term weight loss involves a complete lifestyle change. This course reviews various strategic approaches to long term weight loss and introduces the student to the improved health benefits of weight loss through exercise, less stress, improved nutrition, and long-term weight maintenance. Students will become familiar with and understand that long-term weight loss involves a complete lifestyle change. This course will look at those common weight loss roadblocks and propose suggestions for overcoming them. The health risks of being overweight, the healthy approach to exercising, the role of water and nutrition in weight loss, the negative effects of stress and establishing a maintenance of long term weight loss will establish a healthy approach to weight loss and weight maintenance. It will be important to understand all the obstacles in the way of long term weight loss to deal with them effectively and establish goals and objectives. In addition, the course will discuss the differences between weight loss and weight maintenance, and how to master the obstacles to weight maintenance. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to set appropriate and effective goals for eating, exercise, and many other elements that affect your weight. You will also have the skills you need to lose weight and keep it off.
- Understand long term weight loss strategies.
- Explain proper weight management strategies.
- Describe and apply the ratio of health and weight.
- Discuss strategies for behavior change and weight loss.
- Access the processes for losing weight and what to expect.
- Examine how sleep deprivation may also inhibit one’s ability to lose weight.
- Examine how sleep deprivation interferes with metabolism and increases your appetite.
- Examine the growing problem of physical inactivity and how this effects individual weight.
- Understand how water plays a role in weight loss.
- Describe the nutrition required for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Explain the basics of nutritional supplementation related to the importance of exercising.
- Describe the nutritional and exercise processes in weight loss.
- Identify nutrients and the role they contribute to the overall health of an individual.
- Examine how to use stress management techniques.
- Explore influences of stress on weight.
- Describe how to minimize or even eliminate the effects of stress.
- Define stress and explain the relationship between stress and weight loss.
- Determine why and how weight loss can be managed appropriately.
- Discuss how exercise supports weight management.
- Examine goals for weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Determine how to shift from weight loss to weight maintenance.
- Explore how to use self-monitoring and self-motivation tools to maintain weight.
- Identify the importance of energy balance in the maintenance of a healthy body weight.
Lesson 1: What are Long Term Weight Loss Strategies
This lesson will explore the strategies for long term weight loss.
Lesson 2: The Importance of Exercising and Sleep to Lose Weight
In this lesson students will examine the importance of exercise and sleep to weight loss.
Lesson 3: The Role of Water and Nutrition in Weight Loss
This lesson will examine the importance of water and nutrition in weight loss.
Lesson 4: Stress and its Negative Effects on Weight Loss
In this lesson students will explore stress and it effect on weight loss.
Lesson 5: Long Term Weight Loss Maintenance
This lesson will examine long term weight loss maintenance.