K-12 education has entered a new technological era. In increasingly dynamic educational settings, web resources can be integrated into the curriculum to promote student engagement and achievement. In order to take advantage of these settings, teachers need to have the appropriate knowledge and experience. In this course, teachers will learn to integrate web resource tools to create engaging learning experiences for their students. This course is designed for K-12 educators and focuses on the appropriate use of technology to facilitate the teaching and learning process. Throughout this course, students will gain experience in working through the skill component of using web resources effectively in the K-12 classroom. Instructional methods will be explored utilizing a variety of technology for collaboration, and student assessment. In addition, the utilization and evaluation of various web resources and their appropriateness will be emphasized.
- Examine instructional web resources for the classroom.
- Examine applications to promote engagement in the K-12 classroom.
- Explore instructional methods utilizing web resources.
- Examine web technologies, and resources.
- Explore web resource tools to create engaging learning experiences for students.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and confidence in using web resources appropriate to K-12 classrooms.
- Integrate web resources effectively into teaching/learning and assessment situations.
Lesson 1: Choosing and Using Instructional Web Resources
In this lesson, students will explore the use of various instructional web resources.
Lesson 2: Applications to Promote Engagement in the K-12 Classroom
This lesson will examine new and innovative web applications to create engaging learning experiences for students.
Lesson 3: Using Technology to Facilitate Teaching and Learning
In this lesson students will explore technology to facilitate the teaching and learning process.
Lesson 4: Web Resources for Student Assessment
This lesson will explore a variety of web resources for collaboration, and student assessment.