In this course, we will learn the basics of personal finance. We will explore how to make a budget and finance college and learn how the economy and taxes will affect you. We will also learn about various forms of insurance, saving and spending, and how to save for retirement.
- Analyze the benefits of good financial decision-making.
- Describe the purpose of a financial plan.
- Explain the steps in financial decision-making.
- Describe the importance of budgeting.
- Discuss how one can gain the skills needed for a career choice.
- Explain how economic factors impact financial decisions.
- Describe how taxes affect your financial plan.
- Describe the keys to building and maintaining healthy credit.
- Describe the key features and qualities of personal loans.
- Explain how credit cards, checking and savings accounts, and a variety of investments work.
- Explain the unique issues and challenges of financing a home.
- Learn the basics of having a checking account, including how to balance an account.
- Explain the basics of retirement planning.
Lesson 1: Financial Responsibility and Decision-Making
In this lesson, we will begin by looking at the definition of personal finance and good financial decision-making. We will also explore budgeting and career readiness.
Lesson 2: The Economy, Government, and Financial Planning
In this lesson, we will learn how greater outside influences can affect your finances. Taxes, economical changes, and various types of insurance will be explored.
Lesson 3: Spending and Credit
In this lesson, we will look at the vital topics of spending and credit. Topics will include credit, personal loans, credit cards, and financing a home.
Lesson 4: Saving and Investing
In this lesson, we will look at the opposite of spending, and investigate saving. This lesson covers banking, saving, and investing.
Lesson 5: Retirement and Estate Planning
In this lesson, we will learn about retirement and estate planning. Diversified investments, the time value of money, and knowing how much to invest for retirement will all be covered.