- Format text entered into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Apply formulas to cells in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Create tables and charts in Microsoft Excel.
- Use financial functions in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in multiple workbooks.
- Create a Microsoft Excel template.
- Create PivotTable and PivotChart reports.
- Perform complex problem-solving and validation in Microsoft Excel.
- Use Macros to perform operations in Microsoft Excel.
- Collaborate using Microsoft Excel.
This course prepares students to take the Microsoft Office Suite (MOS) Excel 2019 national certification exam.
Lesson 1: Creating a Worksheet
In this lesson, we will start by opening a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and learn how to navigate the document. We will enter text, format the cells, and save a project.
Lesson 2: Working with Formulas and Large Worksheets
In this lesson, we will learn how to enter formulas in the spreadsheet and verify the formulas using Range Finder. We will also use the IF function to perform a logical test and freeze and unfreeze rows and columns.
Lesson 3: Financial Functions and Working in Multiple Spreadsheets
In this lesson, we will learn how to use the financial functions of Microsoft Excel, such as Amortization schedules and the mortgage payment calculator. We will also create a consolidated worksheet and learn to work across several spreadsheets.
Lesson 4: Creating Tables and Templates
In this lesson, we will learn how to create, format, and sort tables. We will also work with templates, import data, and work with SmartArt.
Lesson 5: Using PivotTables and Complex Problem Solving
In this lesson, we will learn some more advanced features, such as PivotTables and other Excel charts. We will also learn how to perform complex problem-solving and customize Excel add-ins.
Lesson 6: Data Analysis and User Interfaces
In this lesson, we will learn how to use Macros in Microsoft Excel and perform other data analysis. We will also learn how to collaborate in Microsoft Excel and create a custom theme.
All necessary course materials are included.
This course prepares students to take the Microsoft Office Suite (MOS) Excel 2019 national certification exam. At this time, there is not a scheduled release date for Microsoft Office 2021 national certification exams.