The SH (Smart Home) – Security, Surveillance, and Access Control Systems course discusses the working principles, design, and installation of home security and access control systems. It describes wired and wireless security systems and explains system components, including sensors, security panels, zone commanders, and security cameras that are a part of security systems. It also discusses various access-restriction systems such as card readers and biometric access control systems. The course delves into different types of alarms and detectors.
The students learn how to plan, design, install, and configure home security and access control systems, based on client requirements and other technical considerations. They also learn how to identify and troubleshoot common problems.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Home Security Systems
- Lesson 2: Security System Design Principles
- Lesson 3: Home Security System Components
- Lesson 4: Standards, Codes, and Regulations
- Lesson 1: Features of the Interior Zone
- Lesson 2: Features of the Exterior Zone
- Lesson 3: Surveillance Systems
- Lesson 4: Planning and Design
- Lesson 5: Wiring System
- Lesson 1: Installation
- Lesson 2: Programming for Automated Control
- Lesson 3: Testing for Performance
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting and Delivery
All necessary materials are included.