The SH (Smart Home) – Lighting, Temperature, and Water Control Systems course discusses effective management of three energy and utility-based systems—lighting, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC), and water—through implementation of home technology. It introduces the basic concepts of the three systems and discusses the devices and components used to automate and manage lighting, HVAC, and water systems. The course also discusses the current industry standards, rules, and regulations pertaining to the three systems.
Students learn how to plan, design, install, and configure the three systems based on client requirements and other technical considerations. They also learn how to detect and troubleshoot common problems.
Module 1: Lighting Control Systems
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Electricity
- Lesson 2: Light and Lighting Systems
- Lesson 3: Home Lighting Controls
Module 2: Temperature Control Systems
- Lesson 1: Introduction to HVAC systems
- Lesson 2: HVAC control systems
- Lesson 3: Installation of HVAC control systems
- Lesson 4: Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Module 3: Water Control System
- Lesson 1: An Introduction to Home Water System
- Lesson 2: Installation of Home Water Control System