The SH (Smart Home) – Digital Home Technology: Tools, Products, and Services course presents the major commercial participants, common practices, and prevalent consumer perception of DHTI benefits. The course discusses the concept of an Integrated Home Network (IHN) and the tools, equipment, and expertise required to build it. The course also describes the historical events that have led the industry to its current state as well as the working principles, design approach, and technical and marketing concepts.
Students learn how to use industry information to better qualify sales prospects for DHTI products, systems, and services and to better support customers. They develop a broad understanding of the various products and systems for meeting customer requirements.
- Lesson 1: The History of Digital Home Technology
- Lesson 2: The Integrated Home Network(IHN) System
- Lesson 3: Subsystems of an IHN System
- Lesson 1: The DHTI Work Overview
- Lesson 2: The Home Technology Market
- Lesson 3: DHTI Associations and Participants
- Lesson 1: Entering the DHTI Industry
- Lesson 2: DHTI Tools and Testing Equipment
- Lesson 3: Troubleshooting Fundamentals
- Lesson 4: Key Concerns in a DHTI Project